Introduction

ugo volli uvolli at GALACTICA.IT
Mon Apr 5 21:05:28 UTC 1999

Hi everybody.
Introducing myself. My name is Ugo Volli, I am professor of Philosophy of
Language at Bologna University, Italy, Dpt. of Communication Sciences.

In my opinion and work philosophy of language does not mean analytical
philosophy, as many assume. I believe, there is space enough for a
philosophical reasearch about language, not depending upon linguistics nor
upon cognitive sciences, nor analytical philosophy. Language is a very rich
complex of processes, not just a formal entity, or a normative model. The
plurality of languages, that entails a sort of linguistic relativity or
another; the dialogue and the discours, where the subject is involved; the
poetry and the profetic language, where the boundaries of the common
language are challanged; the interpretation and the translation: that are
now my field of interst. In general I used to work about (or over) the
borders of linguistic and semiotic process. For instance I wrote some book
about fetichism, theatre communication, silence, divination, political
language. Just now I am working on a book about the notions of desire and
pleasure.

I hope to find in your list stimulating themes for my work and informations
about the current research in this field. Thanks for your attention.

ugo volli

prof. Ugo Volli

HOME ADDRESS:

Via Desiderio da Settignano 10