qualitative data analysis

tony o'brien joanandtony at XTRA.CO.NZ
Sun Apr 25 06:59:34 UTC 1999

Dear list

I am in the process of transcribing and analysing interview data, and I
am giving some thought to my interactinal style as interviewer in
influencing the texts that are constructed in the interview process. I
am aware that I am using a facilitative style that reflects my
background and training as a mental health nurse, adapting, it seems,
Rogerian helping relationship skills to the process of data collection.
No doubt this influences the nature of the texts that are produced. To
add further interst, these same skills are the core profesional skills
of the interview participants, who are nurse-therapists working with
families.

I wonder if list participants are aware of any publications on these
issues, or if others would like to contribute their thoughts to this.

regards

Tony O'Brien