front page

Konopak jkonopak at OU.EDU
Mon Aug 23 17:13:58 UTC 1999

At 03:11 PM 8/23/99 +0100, Waleed Al-Amri wrote:

>Could anyone please direct me to publications on the subject of the
>features, linguistc or otherwise, of the 'front page' in dailies
>mainly. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Not exactly linguistics, but the semiotician Roberta Kevelson (lately and
sadly deceased, as i hear) wrote a book in the late 70s called "The
Inverted Pyramid" which in my humble opinion is among the most instructive
examinations of the general discourse of "news" that you might wish for....

cheers
konopak