news production - Re: front page

Christianna I White ciwhite at IASTATE.EDU
Tue Aug 24 05:18:40 UTC 1999

with regard to Gertraud Benke's request, specifically b and c.  for a while in
1998 I was in contact with Py Kollberg about her work, published in 1998 as her
Licentiate thesis in the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University,
S-notation --a computer based method for studying and representing text
composition.  She used--and I think developed or at least helped develop
--Trace-It, a program that records key strokes and other commands (such as
moving a mouse) for later analysis.  I don't know if this is the direction that
your study might take, but it is very interesting work.  (and hi Py, if you're
out there--long time, many computer crashes. . . )

chris white
presently using email as an elaborate procrastination device in preparing for
the comprehensive part of my preliminary examination.  sigh