Introduction

Pierre R Lafleur lafpr at TOTAL.NET
Mon Feb 1 05:01:32 UTC 1999

***IIlan, I have kept your message below for your reference. I specialize
in Menippean Satire (see Varro &c.). Concerning Medieval, this might help
in a small way:
Hoffer, Eric. _The Temper of Our Time_  by Eric Hoffer (why he is not on
any syllabus baffles me) - many editions available in pocketbooks (I own an
old "Perennial" one by Harper and Row, N.Y. 1969). this fellow is simply
amazing > pocketbook around $3. in a used bookstore. A must.***

>        Just wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the list.  My name
>is Ilan Mitchell-Smith, and I am a doctoral student in English
>Literature.  I took a Masters from the Center for Medieval Studies at
>Fordham University, and although I am theoretically studying Medieval
>English Lit., I still like to think of my studies as interdisciplinary.
>        I work mainly on fourteenth- and fifteenth-century romance, and
>in particular I am interested in codes of heroic conduct, the rules that
>covern those codes (both on and off the field of combat), and the issues
>of masculine identity that arise from these codes.  I am also becoming
>interested in "medievalism" as depicted in popular media and in academia,
>and would like to do some work on the formation of the image of medieval
>culture.
>
>        -Ilan

>or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Pierre R Lafleur,
M.A. candidate,
18th Century Menippean Satire
U de M,
Dept. des Etudes Anglaises,
Dept.:(514) 343-6236
Rez..:(514) 382-2928

AOL IM: lafpr

"Life is a jest, and all things show it;/
 I thought so once, but now I know it."
-John Gay-