Introduction

Donna DelPrete DELPRETED at ALPHA.MONTCLAIR.EDU
Fri Feb 26 02:55:04 UTC 1999

Hello everyone,

	I just joined the list and would like to introduce myself.  My name
is Donna DelPrete and I am an M.A. candidate in Applied Linguistics at
Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ.  I became interested in
discourse analysis while completing my M.A. in Italian Literature at
Boston College.  My research interests include language and gender and
critical discourse analysis.  For my M.A. research project I am doing
a linguistic analysis of the print media's protrayal of Monica Lewinsky in
the Clinton-Lewinsky sex scandal.  Specifically, I am examining the
lexical choices, naming practices, syntactic practices, and pragmatic
presuppositions (or stereotyped assumptions) the media uses to describe
Lewinsky and report the scandal.

     I look forward to being part of this interesting list

Donna DelPrete (Delpreted at alpha.montclair.edu)