Introduction

Susan Elaine Antlitz musea2 at UXA.ECN.BGU.EDU
Fri Jan 8 23:47:42 UTC 1999

Well, I don't want to assert a hasty answer here, but I think you've hit
on an important idea Karen.  Whether it's a graphic or a single word or
letter, the smallest unit might be the link itself, no matter what form it
takes.

Other than that, a larger unit of hypertext seems to be the papragraph.
Paragraphs in hypertext often tend to be shorter than in other forms of
writing, and the frequent breaks make reading hypertext off the screen
easier on the eyes!

Susan