Introduction

Peter Ganick potepoet at HOME.COM
Sat Jan 9 05:06:47 UTC 1999

I am a poet who runs Potes & Poets Press, a publisher
of L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E and experimental poetry
since 1981.  Also, I've published several books of poetry
of my own.  To earn a living, I teach classical piano to
children in their homes in a suburb of Hartford Conn-
ectiut, where we are currently having an ice storm.  My
degree is B. Music in Composition from Boston Univ-
ersity.

My interests in this list revolve around hypertext and its
relationship to the ressusication of interest in poetry other
than that which is defined by the Academy as acceptable,
which as a discourse has been declining in America in
recent years, in terms of access and money there-for.

I also read a lot of Deleuze & Guattari and J. Derrida to
inform my own writing practice, and would be interested
in hearing any discussion on those lines.  I am auditing a
course with Prof. Andrew Haase at Trinity College in
Husserlian Phenomenology next semester that I am look-
ing forward to.

Some of you with a creative bent might be interested in
the Fiction-of-Philosophy List, where I heard about this
new list.

Best to you all.
Peter Ganick
Potes & Poets Press / A.BACUS