Introduction

Georgina Heydon g.heydon at LINGUISTICS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Sat Jan 9 23:13:18 UTC 1999

> From: Kelli Cargile Cook <ngack at TTACS.TTU.EDU>
> One of the main reasons that I am interested in this group, apart from
its
> focus on discourse and its interdisciplinary nature, is that I have never
> joined a listserv so early in its development.  I'm interested in seeing
how
> we generate our own discourse among such an academically and
geographically
> diverse group, how we build connections with one another, and how leaders
> and lurkers emerge or dissipate into the shadows.  These interests relate
> directly to the kind of communication and interaction issues that can
arise
> in distance education courses.

Aha!  I knew it wouldn't be long before someone started analysing the
discourse of the discourse list - good on you!  Keep us posted on your
observations, won't you.

:-)

Georgina Heydon
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Parkville   Victoria    3052
Australia

Ph: 61 3 9344 5488