Introduction

Susan Elaine Antlitz musea2 at UXA.ECN.BGU.EDU
Mon Jan 11 21:15:01 UTC 1999

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Gisela Redeker wrote:

> My past research interests have included: common ground, reference,
> and syntax in conversation; genre and register; discourse markers,
> textual structures, discourse coherence; mental spaces in discourse;
> quotation; gender and interruptions; and rhetorical and interpersonal
> elements in persuasive discourse--all studied from a cognitive-
> psychological / linguistic perspective, often inspired and enriched
> by the work of Herbert H. Clark (recent book: H.H. Clark (1996):
> Using Language. Cambridge University Press).

I've been working with the rhetorical analysis of electronic student
communities; a few of the areas you mentioned sound like directions I
might want to explore, especially common ground and mental spaces in
discourse.  Are there any additional sources you could direct me to that
would assit me in getting more acquanited with these areas?

Susan