Reality -- what a concept.

Seth L. Kahn-Egan slkahneg at MAILBOX.SYR.EDU
Wed Jan 13 18:36:37 UTC 1999

If you look at the Vatz article, you might also need to look at Lloyd
Bitzer's "The Rhetorical Situation," which Vatz is responding to.

Bitzer, Lloyd.  "The Rhetorical Situation."  _Philosophy and Rhetoric 1.1_
(1968):  1-14.

I'd be interested in hearing what anybody has to say about these two
pieces; I've had a feeling that Vatz misreads Bitzer, but my classmates
and professor seem to think that I misread Bitzer instead.  Before I
recount that discussion, I'd like to hear what others think (or at least
if anybody else is interested in talking about it).

Seth Kahn-Egan, Syracuse U.

Seth Kahn-Egan
Syracuse University
PhD Student in Composition and Cultural Rhetoric
slkahneg at mailbox.syr.edu
315-423-8042 (home)
"I'm as schizophrenic as a wet cat that's been beaten."--Kurt Cobain
"You are not what you own."--Fugazi
"You know, for the kids."--Tim Robbins, "The Hudsucker Proxy"
"Dave, I don't think that's a very good idea . . . Dave?"--HAL 9000
"Worry is like the interest you pay on a debt that never comes due."--"The
	Spanish Prisoner"
"Postmodernists don't agree with themselves."--Xin Liu Gale
"I'm a hedonist, just not a very good one."--Edward F. Lessor
"And what costume shall the poor girl wear to all tomorrow's
	parties?"--The Velvet Undergound
"I was saying, 'Let me out of here' before I was even born."--Richard Hell