Introduction

Georgina Heydon g.heydon at LINGUISTICS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Fri Jan 15 05:03:59 UTC 1999

> From: Seth L. Kahn-Egan <slkahneg at MAILBOX.SYR.EDU>

> I just finished my first course in Discourse Analysis, in which I
> developed particular interests in Erving Goffman and David Russell's
> Activity Theory.  I did a research project in which I asked Syracuse
> Police Department detectives to comment on a brief clip from the TV
> program "Law and Order"; my goal was to have them discuss the realism of
> the program from a professional perspective.  I tape-recorded the
> conversation and analyzed their comments using Russell's activity system
> model.

I wonder if you've got a copy of the above project or a summary of results
which you could email to me - I'd be very interested in what the police
officers had to say as it directly relates to my PhD thesis.  Of course,
I'm working in an Australian context but everything helps!!

Ever so grateful...

Georgina Heydon
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Parkville   Victoria    3052
Australia

Ph: 61 3 9344 5488