Introduction

Ulrich Wassner wasner at UNI-MUENSTER.DE
Thu Jan 21 18:57:20 UTC 1999

Good morning people.
I've joined the list.
Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a
"Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter" (litterally 'scientific co-worker or
colaborator'; maybe something like an Assistant Professor?!) at the
"Institut fuer Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft" (General Linguistics),
University of Muenster, Germany.
Currently I'm working on the semantics and text linguistics of conjunctions
and other connectives (related means to combine sentences and clauses), as
opposed to conjunctionless (asyndetic) combining of those units. Especially
I'm trying to come to a systematic account of what semantic (and pragmatic)
relations can and must be assumed to exist between two or more "Saetzen"
(this German term covers sentences, clauses, propositions, states of
affairs, speech acts and similar concepts) as a whole, that is, not via
pronouns or other sentence parts. Maybe we can come to a discussion of such
topics; I understand English much better than I write it, so I hope at
least to understand what YOU say, if even you don't understand what I am
trying to submit.
But I'm interested in other topics of discourse, especially from a
linguistic viewpoint, as well. Up to now, e.g. serial verbs where one of
these aspects.

So much for today.

Best wishes to you all

U. Wassner

Dr. Ulrich Hermann Wassner M.A.
Institut fuer Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft
Bergstrasse 29a
D-48143 Muenster
Germany
0049-251-83-24489 / 91 / 92 (Tel.)