Business writing (introduction Doug Sweet)

Luuk Lagerwerf l.lagerwerf at WMW.UTWENTE.NL
Wed Jan 27 08:34:15 UTC 1999

Hi Doug,

I'm Luuk Lagerwerf and I read your short introduction on the
Discours List. I'm an assistant professor at Twente University
(Netherlands), and I am starting a research into the function and
quality of advisory texts - especially those written by management
consultants. One of the things I already noticed is that there is little
known on how to write 'the' best advisory text. Everyone is
interested in giving and presenting the advice, but writing the advice
down seems to be somewhat less interesting.

My question is: do you have specific experience in teaching to write
advisory text? Can you point at research/textbooks that aim
specifically on advisory texts?

Thanks for the answer,

Luuk Lagerwerf.

Luuk Lagerwerf