forward: call for papers

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Mon Jun 7 13:24:10 UTC 1999

I'm forwarding this from another list. Please don't reply to me.

Mary

---------------
Call for Papers
AAAL 2000 Convention, March 11-14, 2000

The overall topic of the 2000 convention of the American Association for
Applied Linguistics
(AAAL) is "Crossing Boundaries."  In line with this theme, we are
organizing a colloquium
proposal entitled "CROSS-CULTURAL PRAGMATICS:  INTERACTIONS BETWEEN
NATIVE AND NONNATIVE SPEAKERS."  In this colloquium, we hope to bring together
researchers interested in pragmatic interference, pragmatic transfer,
interlanguage pragmatics,
and pragmatic failure as they present themselves in native/nonnative
speaker interactions.  In
particular, we encourage submissions that work with non-elicited,
spontaneous interaction, either
telephone data or face-to face-interaction.

Organizers: Andrea Golato and Carmen Taleghani-Nikazm

colloquium proposal
to the office of the AAAL (American Association for Applied Linguistics).
Confirmation of
receipt of proposals will be sent by e-mail.  We will notify you within 2
weeks of submission
deadline whether or not we will include your abstract in our colloquium
proposal.

Submission:
Please submit 2 copies of a 300-word abstract typed on a single page.  In
the upper left-hand
corner of one copy, place the presenter's name, address, phone and fax
numbers, e-mail address,
and institutional affiliation.  Do not put any identification on the other
copy.  Do NOT include
bibliographies or biodata, and do not type on the back of any sheet.
Please submit to

Andrea Golato
Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures
3072 Foreign Languages Building
707 South Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801-3675

Deadline for proposals to reach Andrea Golato: July 10, 1999

--------
               Andrea Golato, Assistant Professor
               Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures
               312 Friendly Hall
               University of Oregon
               Eugene, OR 97403-1250

               Telephone:  (541) 346-2818