Introduction

Khalid Al-Shehari MCUIHKA2 at FS1.CCL.UMIST.AC.UK
Wed Mar 3 17:19:15 UTC 1999

Hi everybody there,

I am please to join the DISCOURS list, and would like to give you a
brief introduction about me. I am a PhD student doing research on the
Translation of advertising from English into Arabic, in UMIST,
Manchester. Last year, I have have got an MSc degree in the same
university with the dissertation on the Peircean Semiotics in the
translation of advertising from english into Arabic. I have a BA in
English from Sana'a University, Yemen, my country. From 1995 to 97, I
have been working at the University of Science and Technology, Yemen,
as a research assistant, teaching ESP to undergraduates, and
translating with the Department of English & Translation in the same
university. My research interests are: advertising, semiotics,
translation Between English and Arabic.

That's all and best wishes.

Khalid Al-Shehari

Khalid Al-Shehari
Department of Language Engineering, UMIST,
P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK.
Tel: +44 161 933 8088
Mobile: +44 7930 563131
Fax: +44 161 200 3099