What is advertising?

Khalid Al-Shehari MCUIHKA2 at FS1.CCL.UMIST.AC.UK
Thu Mar 4 18:31:53 UTC 1999

Hi Colleagues,

I am currently writing an introduction to advertising. It is defined
differently from different points of view. Can you help me obtain a
general review of the current definition of advertising? I will
appreaciate it if you give just few minutes and give very brief
answers for the following questions:

What is advertising? (your current definition)
What are its types?
What does a print (magazine) advertisement consist of?
What are the factors that influence the international advertising?
Do you know anything about Censroship?

Looking froward to having a favourable reply.

Khalid Al-Shehari

Khalid Al-Shehari
Department of Language Engineering, UMIST,
P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK.
Tel: +44 161 933 8088
Mobile: +44 7930 563131
Fax: +44 161 200 3099