No subject

Tuija Modinos tmodinos at CC.JYU.FI
Wed Mar 10 15:46:50 UTC 1999

Hi all,

I am Tuija Modinos (from the Centre for Applied Lnaguage Studies, University
of Jyvaskayla, Finland) currently working on completing my Ph.D thesis on
music videos, feminist discourses and audiences, tracing articulations of
feminist discourses in both music videos and audience responses to them. I
began my undergraduate studies years ago with English philology and
Literature, and ended up doing post-graduate studies in North American
Studies, Communication Arts (UW-Madison) and Applied Language Studies. In
addition, the multidisciplinary nature of Women's Studies and Cultural
Studies has always fascinated me - and still does. I have taught courses on
women and literature, feminist television and film criticism, women and
music videos, and it seems to me, that discourse as a concept quite nicely -
although not unproblematically - brings together all my different areas of
interest.

My best to you all,

Tuija Modinos