17th Call for Book Reviewers: apologies for cross-posting

Brian Torode btorode at TCD.IE
Fri Mar 12 10:34:53 UTC 1999

I am sending you KROEBER, DIMBLEBY, and CHIMOMBO. Please assess suitability
before writing review. The Chimombo item is quite slight, but it is rare
enough to get any kind of study like this.  Incidentally there is another
African book on this list namely:

Hirsch, S. F. (1998) Pronouncing and Persevering: gender and the discourses
of disputing in an African Islamic court.   Chicago: University Press.

Would that also interest you at all?
Cheers, Brian

         Brian Torode
         Sociology