discomfort

Seth L. Kahn-Egan slkahneg at MAILBOX.SYR.EDU
Tue Mar 30 18:43:45 UTC 1999

I'm interested in the same issues to apply to a different context.  A
colleague and I are interested in putting together a conference panel on
the "uses" and "problems" of discomfort in the writing classroom.  The
issue arose at a presentation I did at 4Cs in Atlanta this past weekend,
in the context of fieldwork assignments for Composition courses.  In fact,
if anybody's interested in talking about this idea for a panel for next
year's 4Cs, we're interested in collecting participants.

Seth Kahn-Egan, Syracuse U.

Seth Kahn-Egan
Syracuse University
PhD Student in Composition and Cultural Rhetoric
slkahneg at mailbox.syr.edu
103 Trinity Pl. Second Floor
Syracuse, NY 13210
315-423-8042 (home)
"I'm as schizophrenic as a wet cat that's been beaten."--Kurt Cobain
"You are not what you own."--Fugazi
"I was saying, 'Let me out of here' before I was even born."--Richard Hell
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."--"Cool Hand Luke"
"Nothing could be plainer than the things that have been done, and there
	can be no mystery in what is yet to come."--nomeansno
"Daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more."--Nirvana
"I'm livin' on a Chinese rock.  All my best things are in hock."--The
	Heartbreakers
"I was talking, when I should have been listening."--Husker Du
"If the Falcons are going to win this game, they're going to have to score
	some points."--John Madden
"No one else will do it for us.  We'll just have to fix ourselves.  Honesty
	ain't all that hard; just put Rambo back inside your pants."--
	Dead Kennedys
"I fell into the arms of Venus de Milo."--Television
"If you hate something, don't you do it too."--Pearl Jam
"I believe there's a light that I can't see; it's your saving grace but
	it's not saving me."--Velvet Crush