Corpus Linguistics

Christianna I White ciwhite at IASTATE.EDU
Fri May 14 21:42:36 UTC 1999

Thanks, Jim, for the the very complete bibliography of Biber's work.  I am once
again intimidated by how much I don't know, but I am going to go to the
conference to hear first-person what Biber has to say.  I do not think I will
be able to catch up on all that reading before Wednesday considering I have a
drop-dead date on a major project--wish I could though. . . And Wilse is
right.  Biber is a major figure in corpus-based research.  I have worked with
Susan Conrad, formerly of NAU and now here at ISU. In fact, she is on my
committee in what I consider the "methods" slot.  I'm excited about the
possibilities for corpus-based research and, once again, would like to connect
with others with a similar interest.

chris
who is trying to make it rain here in Iowa by dumping bags of grass seed in
mulch all over the yard and watering it in.  <I know, I should be working on my
project, but I couldn't resist the sunshine>