Child Language Acquisition

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Mon Nov 29 21:01:57 UTC 1999

Berkeley's program offers an excellent theoretical foundation, and there's
a lot of great work being done in child language acquisition in the
psychology department. I've had friends in linguistics who worked closely
with faculty in psychology, with good results.

Mary

>A former student at DePaul has asked me to recommend some Ph.D. programs,
>probably in linguistics, that are especially strong in the study of child
>language acquisition.  Since this is not exactly my area of expertise, I
>thought I would draw on your collective knowledge.  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Christina

>Christina Wasson, Visiting Assistant Professor
>Anthropology Program, DePaul University

Mary Bucholtz
Assistant Professor of Linguistics and Discourse Studies
Department of English
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4227

bucholtz at tamu.edu