Introduction Pia Bergmann

pia bergmann uzsqqo at UNI-BONN.DE
Mon Sep 6 13:41:30 UTC 1999

Dear members of the discourse-list,

I have recently subscribed to this list, so I guess it's time to
introduce myself.
I am a student of General Linguistics at the University of Bonn,
Germany.
At the moment, my main concern is with the notion of discourse-topic,
including theoretical aspects like context, framing etc. This all is
mainly due to the fact that I am currently working on my MA dissertation
about topic-shift in conversation.
I would like to take this opportunity to also ask for some help: If
there is anyone with current literature dealing with topic-shift,
context and the like, please let me know!
Thanks a lot!

Pia Bergmann