Introduction

Thomas Bloor T.Bloor at ASTON.AC.UK
Thu Feb 3 17:46:05 UTC 2000

Helen
You might try Nesfield's English Grammar. I don't have the exact ref but
this was the dominant (prescriptive pedagogic) English grammar in Britain
early in the 20th C and continued to be published for decades. However,
there must be lots of candidates to meet your vague description.
Tom

>My name is Helen Davidson and I am a second semester Grad student at
>Marshall University, WV. I am interested in finding a book, said to be
>a "Definitive Grammar" book (or perhaps group of books) from the early
>1900's.  So far do not have an author, collaborator, nor publisher.  Would
>appreciate any suggestions on this search.
>Thanks,
>Helen

Thomas Bloor
Language Studies Unit