Query on italian DM

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Wed Jun 7 22:49:25 UTC 2000

Anna,

A couple of suggestions:

Bruti, Silvia (1999). In fact and infatti: The same, similar or different.
Pragmatics 9(4):519-534.

Licari, Carmen, & Stefania Stame (1992). The Italian morphemes no and
niente as conversational markers. Acta Linguistica Hungarica
38(1-4):163-173.

Best,

Mary

>Dear list members,
>I have a query. Does anybody know of studies on italian discourse
>markers? (other than Bazzanella 1990) I am particularly interested in
>"ma" and "pero'". Also, does anybody know of accessible corpora of spoken
>italian?
>Thanks in advance to anybody that can help
>
>Best
>Anna De Fina

Mary Bucholtz
Assistant Professor of Linguistics and Discourse Studies

Department of English
Texas A&M University
4227 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4227

bucholtz at tamu.edu
phone: (979) 862-3910	NOTE NEW AREA CODE
fax: (979) 862-2292
http://www-english.tamu.edu/pers/fac/bucholtz/