"like"

Igor Silantev silantev at SSCADM.NSU.RU
Sat Nov 18 05:11:14 UTC 2000

One more reference:

Andersen, G. 1997. "They gave us these yeah, and they like wanna see
like how we talk and all that. The use of like and other pragmatic
markers in London teenage speech", in: Kotsinas, U.-B., Stenstrom
A.-B., Karlsson A.-M. (eds.), Ungdomssprak i Norden: Foredrag fran ett
forskarsymposium, MINS (Meddelanden fran Institutionen for nordiska
sprak), 43, Stockholm University, 82-95.

---------------------------------
Dr. Igor Silantev
Novosibirsk State University

Pirogova 11, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
tel. +7 3832 397451; fax. +7 3832 303011
silantev at sscadm.nsu.ru
http://www.nsu.ru/ssc/siv/english

Hi all,

A few years ago I heard someone knowledgeable in sociolinguistics (James
Cornish maybe?) say that there was some research on the use of "like" as a
filler term.  I'm familiar with Michael Huspek's article on "y'know," but I
am looking for something, like, specifically on, like, "like."

Jim Aune
Speech Communication
Penn State