Introduction

Igor Silantev silantev at SSCADM.NSU.RU
Wed Nov 29 10:57:03 UTC 2000

Dear Elspeth,

The Bakhtin Centre of the University of Sheffield has a rich
collection of references and links to electronic texts on Bakhtin's theory.
Some of them can be interesting for you. If you don't know about this
site, you can find it at http://www.shef.ac.uk/uni/academic/A-C/bakh/online.html.

Also, there are two articles by Igor Zagar, both very close to the topic
of your question:

1991. How to do things with words - the polyphonic way. In: Zagar, I.Z.
(ed.). Speech Acts: Fiction or Reality. Ljubljana: Institute for
Social Sciences.

1997. From reported speech to polyphony, from Bakhtin to Ducrot. In:
Bakhtin and the Humanities. Proceedings of the International
Conference, October 19-21, 1995. Ljunljana.

There is one more article by this author, it has been recently published in Russian:
2000. Argumentation in the language system: between particles and polyphony
(an essay on intuitive epistemology). In: Critique and Semiotics.
V.1-2. Novosibirsk.

Please let me know if you are interested in the last one. I can send
you its summary in English.

Best,

---------------------------------
Dr. Igor Silantev
Novosibirsk State University

Pirogova 11, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
tel. +7 3832 397451; fax. +7 3832 303011
silantev at sscadm.nsu.ru
http://www.nsu.ru/ssc/siv/english

Hello all,

I'm a post-graduate student at the University of the Witwatersrand,
Johannesburg, South Africa.

I'm currently doing research on the discourse used within a study group, and
want to use a combination of Conversation Analysis and Bakhtin's theory of
polyphony and the dialogic bases of learning to analyse my data.

If any other members of DISCOURS working with Bakhtin's theory are
interested in corresponding with me I'd be very grateful. I'm struggling to
get my head around some of his ideas and badly need to 'talk' to other
researchers about them.

Many thanks

Elspeth Kempe

Elspeth Kempe