Methods of Text and Discourse Analysis

Mike Busch michael.busch at UTORONTO.CA
Wed Sep 20 00:05:30 UTC 2000

	I contacted Sage Publications about

Meyer, M., Titscher, S., Vetter, E., Wodak, R. (Eds.) (2000). Methods
of Text and Discourse Analysis. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

	It is currently available only through the London office, but
you can apparently order it through the UK web site,
http://www.sagepub.co.uk or by contacting the US office. Amazon.com
also lists the book for sale. I think the paperback was priced at
US$29.

Mike Busch
Modern Language Centre
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
at the University of Toronto

Table of contents:

>PART ONE: TEXTS AND METHODS \ On Social-Research Methods of Text Analysis \
>What Is a Text? \ How to Obtain Material for Analysis: An Overview \ Map of
>Methods and Theories \ PART TWO: OVERVIEW OF METHODS OF TEXT ANALYSIS \
>Content Analysis \ Grounded Theory \ Ethnographic Methods \ Two
>Ethnomethodologically Oriented Methods of Text Analysis: Membership
>Categorization Device Analysis and Conversation Analysis \ Narrative
>Semiotics \ SYMLOG as a Method of Text Analysis \ Two Approaches to Critical
>Discourse Analysis \ Functional Pragmatics \ Distinction-Theory Text
>Analysis \ Objective Hermeneutics \ PART THREE: OVERVIEW AND COMPARISON \
>Bibliometric Survey: The Prominence of Methods of Text Analysis \ Comparison
of Methods of Text Analysis  <<...>>