final conference announcement TEACHING ACADEMIC WRITING ACROSS EUROPE

J.F. van Kruiningen J.F.van.Kruiningen at LET.RUG.NL
Thu Apr 12 12:06:09 UTC 2001

Final CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT

TEACHING ACADEMIC WRITING ACROSS EUROPE

18-20 June 2001, University of Groningen (Faculty of Arts),
Netherlands.

An opportunity to exchange experiences and expertise in the
various teaching and  writing cultures at European universities.

Deadline for conference registration: May 1, 2001.

Details on the conference program and registration:
http://www.let.rug.nl/projects/asv/extern
E-mail:eataw.conference at let.rug.nl.

Due to technical problems with our faculty computer network, it
has been difficult to access the conference website or to send in
an e-mail registration form during the last two weeks. If you have
experienced problems with the registration form, we apologize for
the inconvenience. Please try again. The problems have been
solved since this week.

Keynote speakers:
Professor Mike Sharples (University of Birmingham, UK)
Professor Olga Dysthe (University of Bergen, Norway )
Professor John C. Bean (Seattle University, Seattle  US)

60 sessions (presentations, workshops and interactive sessions)

Registration: Fl 200,- (Eur 90,76)
Students: Fl 50,- (Eur 22.69)
Staff of the University of Groningen: Fl  99,-
All prices include the dinnerparty on Monday evening.

Conference language: English.

Organizing committee:
Johanna Jager
Femke Kramer
Jacqueline van Kruiningen
Henrike Padmos
Alice Pomstra
Janneke Stuulen
(Department of Language and Communication, Faculty of Arts,
Groningen)

Drs. Jacqueline F. van Kruiningen
Afdeling Taal & Communicatie
Faculteit der Letteren, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Postbus 716, 9700 AS Groningen
Tel: 00 31 (0)50 3635372/(5858), Fax: 00 31 (0)50 3636855, E-mail: j.f.van.kruiningen at let.rug.nl