Introduction

Victor Kuperman victor_list at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 24 00:40:25 UTC 2001

Shalom Ron,

thank you for your invitation to talk. I currently
reside in Foster City, California and will visit
Israel irregularly. Nevertheless, I'd be glad to be in
contact with you. You might want to meet my friend and
colleague Dr. Josef Zislin (Kfar Shaul, Jerusalem) for
a vis-a-vis talk. His email is jzislin at yahoo.com.

To answer your question: we have not yet dealt with
the message structure of psychotic speech, even though
it would be extremely interesting to do so. My
intuition is that within an utterance psychotic
patients reveal the very same functional patterns as
'normals' do. One of exceptions, though, is the 'word
salad', where the information structure is totally
disrupted. I guess in terms of the message structure
the psychotic speech diverges from normal at the
intersentential or rather inter-utterance level.
Still, don't take my words for granted, I've never
checked it.

Again, thank you for your interest and keep in touch.

Best regards,
Victor