Introduction

Manuel F. Lara manlar at QDQ.COM
Sun Oct 28 18:19:13 UTC 2001

Greetings all,
Just wanted to take a few minutes from your time to introduce myself and my
interests to see if there’re anyone interested in the same things. My name
is Manuel F. Lara and I’m doing my research on the analysis and description
of interactive spoke discourse (ISP) at Jaén University (Spain). I teach
English as FL in a secondary school. I’m interested on the analysis of
English as interlanguage produced by students of English. I want to do this
analysis from the point of view of the language in use, i.e., from a
pragmatic point of view. One of the problems I have now is, if we are
concerned with language in use, we are dealing with discourse, but if we
isolate those pieces of language from their real context in order to
analyse and describe them, are we, in this case, dealing with text or
discourse?.
I saw a message in the list from Douglas Demon whose interests are closed
to mine. If he’s still in the list. I’d like him to contact me either
through the list or to my personal email.
Manuel F. Lara