Sources or ideas?

Lutfi M. Hussein lutfi.hussein at LYCOS.COM
Thu Dec 5 05:28:53 UTC 2002

Dear all,

[I apologize for cross-posting!]

I am a doctoral student of English linguistics at Arizona State University. I
am interested in the discursive representation of Arabs and Muslims in US
media. I have found Critical Discourse Analysis as theorized and practiced by
van Dijk and Fairclough to be effective and helpful especially in analyzing
press reports.

Currently, I'm interested in doing a discursive analysis of the websites of some Arab American and Muslim American organizations.

I need your help in finding related sources. I would also appreciate any ideas or
suggestions you may have for me. As you all know, the Internet is such a new,
discursively complex medium. So, any comments you send me would be considered
and greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Lutfi

---