attachments on Discours

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Fri Feb 1 18:16:05 UTC 2002

Dear all,

Due to the rash of viruses and other problems associated with attachments,
Discours will no longer accept attachments. We ask that brief announcements
be included in message text, and we urge subscribers to provide URLS for
lengthier announcements whenever possible.

As for the possibility of a Yahoo group, if anyone on the list wants to do
something of this kind, that's fine with us, but we will be unable to take
any kind of organizational role. Also, we'd prefer that a name other than
Discours be used, just to avoid confusion.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

The listowners,

Mary Bucholtz (bucholtz at tamu.edu)
Chris Holcomb (chrish at unix.tamu.edu)
Marty Jacobsen (marty at linguistlist.org)