social map of regime

Susanna Rance srance at CEIBO.ENTELNET.BO
Fri Jan 25 16:06:46 UTC 2002

With reference to the introduction below, I am interested in theories and
instruments for mapping relations among individual and institutional actors
constructing and implementing rights agendas. Any texts that can be sent by
e-mail or accessed on Internet would be especially welcome.
With thanks,
Susanna Rance

srance at ceibo.entelnet.bo

Casilla 10640
La Paz
Bolivia
  -----Mensaje original-----
  De: TheDiscourseStudiesList [mailto:DISCOURS at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG]En
nombre de calin morar
  Enviado el: Viernes, 25 de Enero de 2002 06:31 a.m.
  Para: DISCOURS at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
  Asunto: introduction

  Hello, my name is Calin Morar-Vulcu, I am a doctoral student in
Contemporary History at the "Babes-Bolyai" University, Cluj, Romania. My
primary interest area is the discursive construction of the political
community in the official discourse of a totalitarian regime.What attracted
me to this area was the "opacity" of the official discourse during the
communist regime in Romania and the fact that many people in historical
circles (and not only) looks at the totalitarian regime's discourse from the
point of view of its truth conditions (regarding it as false and, therefore,
not suited to further investigation).
  More precisely, I try to look at the way the social (and, therefore,
political) identities were constructed: working class, women, youth,
peasantry etc. and how were they given a place on the social "map" of the
regime. another part of the study would be the way that ordinary people used
and still use these constructs.
  Best,
  Calin Morar