Introduction Martin Döring

Martin Doering ernst.martin.doering at T-ONLINE.DE
Wed Jul 3 08:31:17 UTC 2002

Dear list members,
let me introduce myself shortly. My name is Martin Doering and I am writing a
PhD-thesis investigating the role of metaphor in media discours about natural
disasters. I am deeply interested in questions circling arround metaphor and
ecology, especially ecolinguistics and discoursive strategies in the protection
of nature and environmental management. My main fields of investigation are
globalising strategies and tendancies in the World Heritage Discourse
(especially in the Waddensea-Region in Germany), the role of metaphor in coastal
zone management as well as in the discours about BSE and oil spills. I am
working for the moment in a project called 'Natur in Conflict' that investigates
the conflicts about the protection of a 'globalised' nature in the waddensea
region in the northern part of Germany. Last but not least, I am one of the
editors of metaphorik.de (www.metaphorik.de), an online journal about metaphor
and metonymy.

All the best,
Martin