Phonosemantics

Marian May marian at COOMBS.ANU.EDU.AU
Fri May 3 01:08:49 UTC 2002

You might want to follow up work on the phenomenon of synaesthesia. For
example, in music, certain notes/sounds and keys are associated with
colour/emotion for some people, both composers and listeners. Artists have
also reported this kind of association between colour and emotion.
I have some references (somewhere!!) and the tape of a radio program
dealing with this area. Perhaps I even have the name of someone working in
this field. But exactly where...I could probably be persuaded to look
further. It's an interesting area.
Marian May