INTRODUCTION

Halla B.Holmarsadottir h.b.holmarsdottir at PED.UIO.NO
Fri Oct 18 12:45:12 UTC 2002

I am a PhD fellow connected the Institute for Educational Research at the
University of Oslo, Norway. I am currently working on a project which
involves language policy and language practice in South Africa and
Tanzania. This is a four year comparative project, which involves
researchers from South Africa, Tanzania and Norway. My overall focus in the
project is on language policy implementation in South African primary
schools and the analysis of the Language in Education Policy (LiEP).

My main interest for joining this list (DISCOURSE) is to discuss the
possibility of using Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA) as a tool in
analyzing the LiEP both in its current form and the way the policy was
developed (the historical influence of Apartheid, etc.).

Regards,
Halla B. Holmarsdottir
University of Oslo