Introduction

James G Smith JGSmith at MOYA.TAMU.EDU
Thu Sep 5 15:24:08 UTC 2002

I am a masters student in English (creative writing) at Texas A&M
University.  My undergraduate was in Physics/Math also from TAMU.  I
have an interest in postmodernism.  I am currently reading through
the criticism of Samuel R. Delany and the fiction of Jorge Borges.

My interest in discourse stems from some comments Delany made
concerning the use of light in fiction---contemporary readers of
Hawthorn, for example, may have understood a light in the woods
differently than readers today do.  I am interested in looking at how
a discourse can be implied in science fiction (or other generally
fantastic works).
--
James Smith <JGSmith at TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Senior Software Applications Developer,