Introduction

Mohamad Zaki Hussein zaki at CENTRIN.NET.ID
Wed May 7 11:27:44 UTC 2003

Dear friends,

Hi, my name is Mohamad Zaki Hussein and I come from Indonesia. I live in
Jakarta and now I'm taking Masters degree in sociology at the University
of Indoneisa. Currently, I'm working on my thesis which is about
worker's action representation in the mass media in Indonesia, with the
case study of news about workers action regarding the Jabotabek
(Jakarta-Bogor-Tangerang-Bekasi) minimum wages regulation in the year of
2002 in Kompas (an Indonesian newspaper) 2002. I use the analytic
framework of critical discourse analysis, especially the one which was
formulated by Norman Fairclough. My intention in joining this list is to
widen my insights on discourse analysis and to get help for my thesis,
since I'm not so familiar with linguistics, and so I came across
troubles in the level of text analysis in my thesis.

I think that's all for now. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Zaki