Introduction

James Simpson J.E.B.Simpson at EDUCATION.LEEDS.AC.UK
Thu Aug 5 13:26:44 UTC 2004

Hello everyone

I'm James Simpson, and I work at the University of Leeds, UK. I joined
the School of Education at Leeds in January 2004. My background is in
TESOL and Applied Linguistics. I have taught in a variety of contexts in
Greece, Saudi Arabia and the UK. I am currently working on the ESOL
Effective Practice Project. This large-scale study investigates the
classroom teaching of ESOL to adults.
My other research interest is in computer-mediated communication (CMC).
My particular concern is how CMC relates to language learning, discourse
analysis, and literacy.
I recently completed a PhD at the University of Reading with a thesis
entitled:
"Discourse and computer-mediated communication: a study of an online
community"
There's a link to the .pdf version of this from my university homepage
(address below).
Cheers
James

Dr James Simpson