DA Teaching Materials | Call for Contributions

felicitas macgilchrist flyssm at GMX.DE
Sun Apr 30 12:11:23 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues,
*Sorry for cross-postings*
This is a call for syllabi and course materials -- and any other original / interesting / enjoyable / stimulating ideas -- for teaching Discourse Analysis. The aim is to provide an online resource of materials for use in seminars and lectures.

The site will include resources for teaching discourse studies, (critical) discourse analysis, discursive psychology, rhetorical psychology, discourse theory, media discourse analysis, etc.

We welcome contributions of syllabi, course guidelines, teaching materials (assignments, bibliographies, films, CDs, etc), project ideas, and general thoughts on teaching discourse that you'd like to share.

Feel free to:
*Send me materials for classes you have taught: syllabi and the rest (the more detail the better).
   Preferred documents are: word, rtf, text, works or open office.
*Share random teaching ideas.
*Forward this email to other potential contributors.
Or:
*If you took a good course as a student, let me know the lecturer and I'll try to find them and their materials.

The idea was inspired by http://www.food-culture.org/ASFS-AFHVS-Syllabi2003.pdf  (warning: 612 pages, 5.5 MB)

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Flyss

--------