Introduction

Williams, Tracy Rundstrom t.williams at TCU.EDU
Wed Jul 5 14:12:25 UTC 2006

Hello,

My name is Tracy Rundstrom Williams and I am a doctoral candidate in
Linguistics at the University of Texas at Arlington.  My dissertation is
focused on the discourse of women's fitness magazines, in relation to
women's fashion / domestic magazines and women's work / professional
magazines.  My premise is that fitness magazines provide an integration
of the competing discourses represented in fashion / domestic magazines
and work / professional magazines, in that the fitness magazines focus
on appearance but also on activity and empowerment.

In addition to discourse analysis, my research interests include
intercultural communication and second language acquisition.  I work
full-time at Texas Christian University as the Associate Director of the
Center for International Education.  I teach one class in intercultural
communication as a part of my job, but I hope to move into teaching
full-time once I finish my Ph.D.

I look forward to learning more about discourse analysis from multiple
perspectives, and perhaps using your knowledge and resources as I run
into snags with my research.

Best,
Tracy Rundstrom Williams
t.williams at tcu.edu