Theme Session on Meaning Construction in Critical Discourse Analysis

Christopher Hart c.hart at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Sat Oct 13 08:29:31 UTC 2007

Hi Veronika,

Great to hear that you're planning to come to CADAAD and especially your
interest in the theme session.  Regarding 'political text and
discourse', I guess I am actually thinking of 'political' in its loosest
sense where anything to do with social interaction of any kind is in
fact 'political'.  In which case, this umbrella term encompasses social,
economic, corporate, educational discourse.  All of which, I would want
to say falls under the bannar of politics.  Perhaps I should have been
more explicit about this in the announcement.  But your rigth to point
this out and I will definately ammend this for the second call for
papers on the session so this broader scope will be made explicit.

Look forward to seeing you in Hertfordshire.

Kind regards,
Chris