Call for Participation: 1st International Seminar on Computer-Aided Qualitative Research 2008, 10 & 11 June, Amsterdam

Jasper Lim jasper at MERLIEN.ORG
Thu Feb 14 20:19:45 UTC 2008

Merlien's international Seminar
COMPUTER-AIDED QUALITATIVE RESEARCH 2008
Enhancing qualitative data analysis through QDA tools while creating support
network among qualitative researchers
10 & 11 June 2008, Terracasa Business Centre, Amsterdam

Dear Members,

For the 1st edition of the Computer-Aided Qualitative Research Seminar 2008
to be held on the 10 & 11 June 2008 in Amsterdam, we would like to cordially
invite you to participate given your interest in the subject matter.

This unique, cross-disciplinary seminar will bring together Professors,
researchers and PhD students to discuss the key issues concerning the use of
CAQDAS (e.g. Atlas.ti & NVivo) and how to integrate them successfully into
research methodologies. This seminar will assist participants in developing
a deeper understanding of the use of CAQDAS tools, assisting researchers in
raising conceptual awareness and creating a continuing supportive research
networks.

This seminar gives you the opportunity to present your research work to your
peers as well as hearing international experts discuss on innovative ways of
conducting qualitative data through the use of CAQDAS tools. You will
receive impartial feedback from our international panel of qualitative
research experts. They include Dr Susanne Friese (University of Hannover,
Germany), Prof Brit Helle Aarskog (University of Bergen, Norway), Prof
Raewyn Bassett, (Dalhousie University, Canada) and Prof Brigitte Smit
University of Johannesburg, South Africa).

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to discuss best practices with
your peers in an exclusive networking environment. This two-day seminar
includes all documentation and lunches on both days. To secure your seat,
please register online at
http://www.merlien.org/events/registration.php?cf=13 before 1st March and
benefit from an early-bird registration discount. To see a list of our
confirmed participants, please visit our program website at:
http://www.merlien.org/events/program.php?cf=13

I look forward meeting you personally in June. Kindly pass on this mail to
your colleagues or associates who might be interested in attending. If you
have any comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,
Jasper Lim
Conference Director
Merlien Science Network
Tel: +31 6 343 459 01 | Fax: +31 10 751 2281
Website: http://www.merlien.org/events

The information transmitted herewith is intended only for the person or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.