adversarial mirroring

Jim Wilce Jim.Wilce at NAU.EDU
Wed Aug 26 20:38:12 UTC 2009

Hi David,

I would say Candy Goodwin's early work on format tying in oppositional
interactions would be very relevant:

Goodwin, Marjorie Harness
    1990    He-Said-She-Said:  Talk as Social Organization among
Children. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
Goodwin, Charles, and Marjorie H. Goodwin
    1987    Children's Arguing. In Language, Gender, and Sex in
Comparative Perspective. S.U. Philips, S. Steele, and C. Tanz, eds. Pp.
200-248. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

--
Jim Wilce, Professor of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University

Visiting Researcher 2008-2009