changed dates for conference "English and German Nationalist and anti-Semitic Discourse (1871 - 1945)" - now 10 to 11 November 2010

Stefan Baumgarten baumi58 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 18 16:18:30 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues,

Please note the change of dates for this
conference below. Apologies for cross-posting.

Best wishes, Stefan Baumgarten

ENGLISH AND GERMAN NATIONALIST
AND ANTI-SEMITIC DISCOURSE (1871 - 1945)

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Historical Discourse Working Group and the Leo Baeck Institute London with
the support of the Centre for Anglo-German Cultural Relations would like to announce their first international
conference to be held at
Queen Mary, University of London on 10-11 November 2010.

PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF DATE FOR THIS CONFERENCE

The conference organisers, Professor Felicity
Rash, Dr Geraldine Horan, Dr
Daniel Wildmann and Dr Stefan Baumgarten, invite proposals in the form
of
abstracts of about 150-200 words on relevant topics in the analysis of
pre-1945
nationalist, anti-Semitic or colonialist discourse. We welcome
contributions
which discuss issues of methodology or which adopt interdisciplinary
approaches, and we hope to foster debate on points of contact between
linguistics and the historical analysis of political and ideological
discourses. We would be particularly interested in contributions on
nationalist
figures who are less well-represented in discourse research. It is
hoped that
academic colleagues at all levels of their careers, including
postgraduate
students, will offer to present papers or lead workshops.

The conference will be one of the events
organised as part of the major
research project, The Discourse of German Nationalism and
Anti-Semitism
1871-1924, funded by the Leverhulme Trust and led by Prof. Felicity
Rash
and Dr Geraldine Horan. The project website is http://www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk/research/nationalismproject.

Key note speakers will include Ruth Wodak and
Andreas Musolff. It is
intended that the conference proceedings will be published. Please send
expression of interest and abstracts to Dr Stefan Baumgarten by 15 April 2010; email: s.baumgarten at qmul.ac.uk.