International Journal of Speech, Language & the Law: Call for PhD Abstracts

Nicci MacLeod macleodn at ASTON.AC.UK
Fri Nov 13 19:13:10 UTC 2009

CALL FOR PhD. ABSTRACTS

The International Journal of Speech, Language and the Law invites PhD.
abstracts for possible inclusion in its pages during 2010, in Volume 17 (1).

The abstracts are intended to:

(a) enable those who have recently completed a PhD. to disseminate a
summary of their work amongst members of the academic commuinity who
have an interest in language and the law; and

(b) provide journal readers with snapshots of PhD. theses which have recently
published in the field of language and the law.

If you have successfully completed a thesis on any area connected to
language in legal settings within the last 3 years, or have a PhD. award for a
thesis relating to the field pending, you are warmly invited to submit an
abstract for consideration. As with articles, all abstracts will be refereed
before a decision is made to publish and the editors’ decision will be final. All
abstracts submitted should be 400-1000 words long. I regret that any
submission which is longer than 1000 words cannot be considered.

Please submit abstracts in English to Nicci MacLeod via the upload tool on the
IJSLL website:
http://www.equinoxjournals.com/ojs/index.php/IJSLL/index

When submitting, please provide the following details:

Personal details:
Your name; Current full institutional address; Current job title; Current email
address (essential) and telephone number (optional).

Thesis details:
The full title of the PhD. thesis; The full name and address of the institution
and department/school/faculty (as applicable) which conferred (/will confer)
the PhD. degree; Date of the award of the degree; Contact details (email if
possible) for a supervisor or other person at that institution who would be
willing to verify the award.

Details about the abstract:
A note of the size of the abstract (in words); Up to six keywords suitable for
indexing and on line search records.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and I look
forward to receiving your contribution.

Kindest regards,

Nicci MacLeod
Editor, PhD. Thesis Abstracts, IJSLL