Introduction

Ivan Fomin fomin.i at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 23 23:18:18 UTC 2009

Hi, Vittoria!

Thank you for your interest! =)

> Is your research based on how it was reported in Russian language media?

I'm not going to stay limited with Russian language texts. However on
the current stage I am focused on purely political - not media -
discourse. So I've already analysed president Medvedev's comments (in
Russian), given at the joint press conference with Nicolas Sarkozy in
August 2008.
I am planning to follow this with an analysis of French president's
comments (in French) given at the same conference and of Medvedev's
speech on the recognition of independence of S.Ossetia and Abkhazia.

Media discourses (Russian and not Russian) are supposed to be analysed
as well, but not in the near term.
I believe that it is better to start looking for particularities and
differences of Russian discourse and the "Western" one from the "core"
political texts, and then to go on with media coverages.

==
Best regards,
Ivan.