Introduction

Tom Finlayson tomf at IHUG.CO.NZ
Sat Aug 14 01:03:42 UTC 2010

Introduction

Good morning.

I am a PhD candidate at University of Auckland.

My present research interest is diachronic change in radio news
interviewing, with particular reference to repair, emergent syntax, overlap
and interruption, and in constraining forms of questioning.

The data are from a forty-five year archive of one daily news programme.

My framework is largely, but not exclusively, CA.

I would be most interested to hear from anyone who has used, or seen,  CA
deployed to explore diachronic change in institutional talk, such as
doctor-patient, teacher-student interactions, or interaction in broadcast
media.

Tom Finlayson