How to remove yourself from the list!

Kim kimwitten at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 10 16:39:40 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,
I am a subscriber to the discours listserve (just like you) and NOT an
admin, but I thought I might see if I could help out with the
(un)subscription problems you are having. I think the easiest way that you
might be able to unsubscribe yourself (and manage your other subscriptions)
is to visit http://listserv.linguistlist.org/ This is the internet "hub" for
linguistlist listserv subscriptions.

Once there, log in (using the email address that you receive the discours
emails at), and then click "Subscriber's Corner" - it should be in the top
left of the menu bar. This will take you to the page where you can see and
manage all of your listserve subscriptions that are managed by listserve
and/or linguistlist.org. Clicking on the "settings" button for the Discours
list will give you the option to Unsubscribe.

Emailing the entire listserve list is going to be somewhat ineffective
(quite similar to walking into a grocery store and yelling "PLEASE GET ME A
TAXI!"). I don't mean to sound snarky when I say that; it is just that there
really is nobody that can do this for you because that's not how listservs
generally work.

Good luck!
-Kim
PS. If you are having password problems at the link login, it may be that
you need to find the original email you used when you signed up for the
list, containing the password the list generated for you (unless you changed
it yourself at some point since then; for which you might need to try
password recovery options at the login page).